Serving our community through the continual pursuit of knowledge.
The Adult Services Department is located towards the back of the Library in it’s Quiet Area. This department oversees the Reference Desk area as well as develops programs and events that suits the interests of our adult patrons.
Patrons seeking answers to questions, information on our programs, or help in general, can find staff waiting at our Reference Desk located in our Quiet Area. This is also where patrons can:
- get started with using online resources like Libby, Hoopla and Kanopy
- register for One-on-One Computer classes and adult programs
- seek help with requesting books found outside of the BCCLS catalog via Jerseycat
- set up appintments to use the Quiet Study Room for exam proctoring, job interviews, meetings or just simple quiet study (1 hour at a time)
- apply to use the NJ State Library’s Talking Book and Braille Center services
- enjoy special stations for activities like puzzles and adult coloring
- charge your phone or device at the Phone Charging Station
The Quiet Area
This area is a sanctuary for people seeking quiet and solitude to read, work or relax. For that, rules about noise and cell phone use are strictly enforced. We ask all patrons to refrain from making or accept phone calls and to keep their voices at a respectable low level.
Ask A Librarian
“Ask a Librarian” is a reference and research service. Expert librarians are available for up-to 30-minute sessions to help you with a variety of information needs.